Monday, June 29, 2009

Comparison of ManGlaze's The Death Tar and Zoya's Dovima

As the title says, here is a comparison of ManGlaze's The Death Tar and Zoya's Dovima next to each other. Both are lovely matte blacks, will have to also show Knock Out's Flatte, which is darker than both of these. On my ring and pinky nails are Zoya's Dovima and middle and index are ManGlaze's The Death Tar, they are nearly identical to each other to the naked eye right down to brush stroke appearances. Formula wise is where they differ, and that difference is huge.


The Death Tar applies evenly and is much thinner and easier to control. Both are shown with two coats applied. I definitely recommend ManGlaze's The Death Tar though. Still need to get Flatte up to compare next to these, think it is still my fav. ^^



Indoors.



Outdoors, cloudy.


8 comments:

  1. this one deffinately looks more smoother on the nail!Im liking the sounds of this man glaze stuff,We dont have it in Aus,well not that I know of anyway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Application is sometimes more important to me. So the Man Glaze won this round in the battle of the black mattes. Yes, I'd be interested to know what you think of Flattes application. Compared to Man Glaze and Dovima,some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, I should have bought the ManGlaze! I haven't used the Dovima yet. Does either one chip less than the other? Thanks for the comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, color wise they are identical. And you can clearly see that the MG was easier to apply. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great comparison, thank you! I agree, MG wins on this one. It looks very similar to the Zoya but seems a tiny bit more pigmented. And of course the application sounds better also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool! Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post, girl!

    I gave you an award on my blog!
    :c)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want the Zoya Mattes so badly but I'm an international and I can't order them from Zoya's site :(

    ReplyDelete